• Hogar Security Mobile Application
“Smart Devices” refers to those nonstandard computing devices produced or manufactured by hardware manufacturers, with human-machine interface and the ability to transmit data that connect wirelessly to a network, including: Smart Video Surveillance; Smart Lock; Safe Box; Sensor; Alarm; Motion Detector; Contact Sensor; Temperature and Humidity Sensor, etc.
“Apps” refers to those mobile applications developed by Hogar that provide end users remote control to Smart Home Security Devices and with the ability to connect to Hogar SaaS Platform.
Hogar as a whole is the data controller for the Personal Data we obtain about you, except for the other branded Home Security applications powered by Hogar, our Clients control all the Personal Data collected through our Products. In such case, Hogar plays as the role of data processor and we collect the information under the direction of our Clients and the processing of such information shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which our Clients has engaged us. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly.
What Personal Data do We Collect
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide necessary Personal Data that is required to provide those services. If you do not provide your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
1. Information You Voluntarily Provide Us
• Account or Profile Data: When you register an account with us, we may collect your name and contact details, such as your email address, phone number, user name, and login credentials. During your interaction with our Products, we may further collect your nickname, profile picture, country code, language preference or time zone information into your account.
• Feedback: When using feedback and suggestion features in our Products, we will collect your email address, mobile phone number and your feedback content to address your problems and solve device failures on a timely basis.
2. Information We Collect Automatically
• Device Information: When you interact with our Product, we automatically collect device information, such as the MAC address of your devices, IP address, wireless connection information, operating system type and version, application version number, push notification identifier, log files, and mobile network information.
• Usage Data: During your interaction with our Sites and Services, we automatically collect usage data relating to visits, clicks, downloads, messages sent/received, and other usage of our Sites and Services.
• Log Information: When you use our app, the system and exception log may be uploaded.
• Location Information: We may collect information about your real-time precise or non-precise geo-location when you use our specific Products or Services, such as Video Surveillance and Temperature & Humidity Sensor, as well as other weather service.
3. Smart Devices Related Information:
• Basic Information of Smart Devices: When you connect your Smart Home Security Devices with our Products or Services, we may collect basic information about your Smart Devices such as device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version, and upgrade information.
• Smart Device setup information, such as the name and description of your Home Security Smart Devices (for example, a door bell, you name it as ‘Welcome Door Bell”) and the location where you install the Home Security Device, and adjustments you make to its setup.
• Information Reported by Smart Devices: Depending on the different Smart Devices you elect to connect with our Products or Services, we may collect different information reported by your Smart Devices. For example, Motion Detector may report live and moving images captured and and Video Surveillance may report images or videos captured by it.
Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
The purpose for which we may process information about you are as follows:
• Marketing Communication: We may process your Personal Data to provide marketing and promotional materials to you on our Products and Services. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to opt-out of receiving future communications of that nature. The legal basis for this processing is your consent. Additionally, if you consent to participate in our lottery, contest or other promotions, we may use your Personal Data to manage such activities.
• Personalization: We may process your account and profile data, usage data, device information to personalize product design and to provide you with services tailored for you, such as recommending and displaying information and advertisements regarding products suited to you, and to invite you to participate in surveys relating to your use of our Products. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
• Legal Compliance: We may process your Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may also use the information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law. And if there is any change in the purposes for processing your personal data, we will inform such change to you via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of such changes of purposes, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
Who do We Share Personal Data with?
• To our third-party service providers who perform certain business-related functions for us, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer support service, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services to us. We do not authorize our service providers to use and disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
• To our customers and other business partners who provide you, directly or indirectly, with your Smart Devices, and/or networks and systems through which you access and use our Sites and Services.
• To an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). In such an event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your Personal Data, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
• As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
• To subsidiaries or affiliates within our corporate family, to carry out regular business activities.
Except for the third parties described above, to third parties only with your consent.
International Transfer of Information Collected
To facilitate our operation, we may transfer, store and process your Personal Data in jurisdictions other than where you live. Laws in these countries may differ from the laws applicable to your country of residence. When we do so, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is provided for the information by using one or more of the following approaches:
Agreement on the basis of approved EU standard contractual clauses per GDPR Art. 46. For more information, see here.
https://www.hogarcontrols.com/contactus/Your Rights Relating to Your Personal Data
We respect your rights and control over your Personal Data and we offer you certain choices in connection with the Personal Data we obtain about you. You may exercise any of the following rights:
• Via the “Me &rt; Personal Center &rt; Account and Security” or via “Me &rt; FAQ & Feedback” in our Products (for Product version 3.2 and later). Your request will be initially handled by Customer Service Department.
• By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (for Product version before 3.2) and your request will be handled by Hogar office directly.
You do not have to pay a fee for executing your personal rights. According to different data protection laws, if you are dominated in Mainland China, we will aim to respond you within 15 business days; and if you are dominated ex-Mainland China, and we will aim to respond you within 30 calendar days.
If you decide to email us, in your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Data deleted from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request, for security purposes.
• Request access to the Personal Data that we process about you;
• Request that we correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data about you;
• Request deletion of Personal Data about you;
• Request restrictions, temporarily or permanently, on our processing of some or all Personal Data about you;
• Request transfer of Personal Data to you or a third party where we process the data based on your consent or a contract with you, and where our processing is automated;
• Opt-out or object to our use of Personal Data about you where our use is based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
About Delete of the Account: You can find the Delete function through “Me &rt; Personal Center(Portrait) &rt; Account and Security &rt; Delete Account” (“Deactivate Account” for the App version under 3.16.5).
Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limits under California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (2) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the Contact Us section below.
We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data. Hogar provides various security strategies to effectively ensure data security of user and device. Including but not limited to the following security measures:
As for device access, Hogar proprietary algorithms are employed to ensure data isolation, access authentication, applying for authorization.
As for data communication, communication using security algorithms and transmission encryption protocols and commercial level information encryption transmission based on dynamic keys are supported.
As for data processing, strict data filtering and validation and complete data audit are applied.
As for data storage, all confidential information of users will be safely encrypted for storage.
Besides of the technical protections, we have implemented multiple soft-management of data security, for instances, segregation of employees roles and duties, security and privacy awareness training for our internal employees, access control and monitoring, etc., to prevent leakage, illegal usage, unauthorized access or infringement of Personal Data.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you could immediately notify us of the problem by emailing email@example.com
If a security incident affects the security of your account or Personal Data, we will promptly notify you through the email address, phone number, or Notification Center, etc., that you provided to us, and keep you informed of any suggestions to reduce or prevent related risks. When necessary, we will immediately take appropriate remedial measures in accordance with internal security response plan and report to the relevant authorities accordingly.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Changes to this Policy Policy
Hogar Controls Inc, 46040 Center Oak Plaza, Suite 125, Sterling, Virginia 20166
For European Union or United Kingdom data subjects, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority concerning Hogar’s data processing activities. For questions, or to exercise your rights as an EU or UK data subject, please contact our EU/UK Representative here:
Name: Data Protection Representative
Emailing Address: Hogar Controls Inc, 46040 Center Oak Plaza, Suite 125, Sterling, Virginia 20166